Monday, February 1, 2010

Giving control over to God

Lately I have found it very hard to give control of situations and and just my life in general over to God. I know that this is something that everyone struggles with, and it will probably be something that I will have to work on every day. 
I feel like I am never satisfied with anything. For example going to Briercrest, I know that this is where God wants me to be in the fall, and everything has been falling into place for it. Yet I still find ways to second guess my decision. Or I think about everything possible to worry about. Forgetting all of the positive things that are going to come from this decision that I have made. 
So I have decided that I am going to really work hard at this! I am going to work at looking at the positive side to things rather than the negative. 
I know that Jesus has a path chosen for me and he will guide me every step of the way. I know that I am going to trip and stumble along the way and that he is going to be there to pick me right back up. 
I want to start living in the moment and enjoy everything that I have in my life right now, and to stop searching for things that I dont have. Everything happens in Gods perfect timing. I just need to learn to allow it to happen that way. 
Anyways just some random thoughts I have had lately.

Rejoice in the lord always. i will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in christ jesus. 
Philippians 4-7

No comments:

Post a Comment